Hello PSA Families!
My name is Catherine Hilcove and I’m so excited to let you know that I’ll be doing the school photos again this year at Preschool of the Arts! This will the fourth year that I have had honor of photographing all the wonderful children at PSA and I couldn’t be happier to have this special opportunity again this year! As a parent of two PSA alums, I know so very well what an amazing community this school is and working with all of the people who make it so wonderful is absolutely one of the highlights of my year.
I will be at school from Monday September 27 through Friday October 1 capturing modern, candid and emotive images of your children. These are a different kind of school photo, designed to capture your beautiful children just being themselves. Like last year, I’ll be using the beautiful outdoor setting at PSA as a natural backdrop for your children’s photos. I’m very much looking forward to seeing familiar faces, meeting new kiddos and capturing the uniquely wonderful personalities of all of your beautiful children.
This season, I’ll again be taking some extra precautions to make sure that not only will I be able to take beautiful photos of your children, but I will be able to do so safely:
- I will be using a lens that will allow me to maintain distance between myself and your children.
- I will be wearing a mask from the moment I get out of my car until I leave campus.
- I will be following all school guidelines regarding safety and social distancing.
- I have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and adhere to all suggested safety precautions to prevent infection
All of that said, if you have any questions or concerns at all, please just get in touch as I want to make sure that this is an easy and enjoyable experience for everyone involved!
Photo Week Schedule
So you know when you need to have your children all ready for their turn in front of the camera, here is the room schedule for photo week:
MONDAY 9/27: Rainbow Room, Green Room, Blue Room
TUESDAY 9/28: Orange Room, Gold Room, Cloud Room
WEDNESDAY 9/29: Yellow Room, Purple Room, Snowflake Room
THURSDAY 9/30: Silver Room, Copper Room, Sunshine Room
FRIDAY 10/1: Maple Room, Oak Room
What to Wear
To help me get the best photos of your kids, please follow these guidelines for what to wear:
- please don’t choose sweatshirts, hoodies or clothing with large logos for picture day
- please do choose bright colors as they will look best in the final photos
- photos will generally be from the shoulder up, so details such as collared shirts, pretty sleeves, bowties, hair bows, etc. can add great visual interest to your child’s photo
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to let me know! You can reach me at email@example.com.