Dear PSA Families-
My name is Catherine Hilcove and I’m so excited to let you know that I’ll be doing the school photos again this year at Preschool of the Arts! This will the third year that I have had honor of photographing all the wonderful children at PSA. As a fellow PSA parent, I know so very well what an amazing community this school is and I have to say that working with all of the people who make it so amazing is absolutely one of the highlights of my year. I’m sure this year will be no different!
I’ll be at school from Monday October 5 through Friday October 9 capturing modern, candid and emotive images of your children. These are a different kind of school photo, designed to capture your beautiful children just being themselves. And this year we’ll be using the beautiful outdoor setting at PSA as a lovely natural backdrop for your children’s photos. I’m so looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new kiddos next week and capturing the uniquely wonderful personalities of all of your beautiful children.
Because this year is like no other, I’ll be taking some extra precautions to make sure that not only will I be able to take beautiful photos of your children, but I will be able to do so safely:
- I will be using a different lens this year that will allow me to keep more than 6 feet of distance between myself and all children and staff during photo day.
- I will be wearing a mask from the moment I get out of my car until I leave campus.
- There will be not be any sibling photos this year as that might require interaction between students and staff from different pods. If you are interested in having your children photographed together, I am doing a special set of school photos at my home this year.
- Due to Covid precautions and safety concerns, there will not be any make-up photo opportunities this year.
All of that said, if you have any questions or concerns at all, please just get in touch as I want to make sure that this is an easy and enjoyable experience for everyone involved!
Photo Day Schedule
So you know when you need to have your children all ready for their turn in front of the camera, here is the room schedule for photos:
MONDAY 10/5: Silver Room, Sunshine Room, Blue Room
TUESDAY 10/6: Yellow Room, Rainbow Room, Green Room
WEDNESDAY 10/7: Orange Room, Purple Room, Gold Room
THURSDAY 10/8: Maple Room and Snowflake Room
FRIDAY 10/9: Cloud Room and Copper Room
What to Wear
To help me get the best photos of your kids, please follow these guidelines for what to wear:
- please don’t choose sweatshirts, hoodies or clothing with large logos for picture day
- please do choose bright colors as they will look best in the final photos
- photos will generally be from the shoulder up, so details such as collared shirts, pretty sleeves, bowties, hair bows, etc. can add lovely visual interest to your child’s photo
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to let me know! You can reach me at email@example.com.